This is a favorite crowd pleaser! Easy to make ahead. The secret is Trader Joe’s Chimichuri Rice, found in their frozen food section.
- 2-3 T. olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 large bunch celery, chopped (or 2 small bunches)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bag power greens or fresh spinach
- 2 cartons organic vegetable broth
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black or white beans, rinsed and drained (or substitute diced firm tofu)
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s frozen Chimichuri Rice
- Sliced fresh Avocado
- Garnish: Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions or cilantro, sour cream (or plain 2% or 5% Greek yogurt) if desired
- In large pan or soup pot, heat up the olive oil
- Add in the chopped onion, celery, carrots and bell pepper, sautee on medium heat until they start to brown and carmelize
- Add the greens and stir fry until wilted
- Add the broth, beans and/or tofu and Chimichuri rice, bring to a boil, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Top with fresh avocado slices. You can also garnish with a pinch of shredded cheese, green onions or cliantro and a dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt if desired. Serve with Quinoa Black Bean Chips or your favorite tortilla chips.
Read more at the source: Vegetable Tortilla Soup
Article excerpt posted on en.intercer.net from Answers for Me.