Click here for the full article.
Read more at the source: Annual Council Opens with Focus on World Mission
Article excerpt posted on en.intercer.net from Adventist Review Updates.
**To share this story: BERRIEN SPRINGS, Mich.: Students, teachers and general readers anywhere in the world eager for access to the acclaimed go-to textbook on the latest in creation science studies can now get it for free in digital format, thanks to a unique partnership among three Adventist entities.
Read more at the source: Publishing Partnership Makes Landmark Creation Textbook Free to Digital Users Worldwide
Article excerpt posted on en.intercer.net from Adventist Church Connect.
For the second consecutive year, a Seventh-day Adventist young person was announced as a winner for the South Pacific region of the 2017 Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work.
Read more at the source: Young Adventist honoured for fighting gender-based violence
Article excerpt posted on en.intercer.net from Adventist Record.
February 9, 2017: A decade-long program teaching illiterate people to read and write has enjoyed substantial success in Salvadoran Adventist churches. Thousands of graduates have become literate as a result of the programs
Read more at the source: Literacy Programs at Adventist Churches in El Salvador Graduate Thousands
Article excerpt posted on en.intercer.net from Adventist Today.
|Photo by Pixabay|
12 principles for safe and effective weight management
Trying to lose weight? Check out these 12 principles for safe and effective weight management. As always, before staring a weight loss venture, check with your personal physician to make there aren’t any problems.
1. Set a realistic goal to lose no more than 4 to 8 pounds a month.
2. Move it, to lose it. Regular daily exercise is essential for weight management.
3. Cope with anxieties, frustrations and depression without turning to food.
4. Establish new eating habits. Make permanent lifestyle changes.
5. Avoid snacks and junk foods. Eat less fatty foods and sweets.
6. Enjoy low-fat, fiber-rich meals. Eat vegetables and fruits.
7. Eat smaller portion sizes and avoid second helpings.
8. For long-term success, eat a diet predominant in slow-digesting complex carbs.
9. Don’t avoid fat altogether. A little fat helps to satisfy hunger better.
10. Think and talk positive about your efforts for weight management.
11. Start the day with breakfast. Avoid long periods without food. Drink lots of water.
12. Don’t go it alone. Let your support group motivate you to achieve your goals.
Read more at the source: Winning the Losing Game
Article excerpt posted on en.intercer.net from Healthy Living.